Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy Coming Out Day!

It's National Coming Out Day! And this is the year where I've come out in many ways....


I'm intersex.

I have Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia/ male and female genitals.

I proudly flaunt the whiskers on my chin and my stache that naturally grows on my face.

I'm not sorry about it. I love it!


My nickname is "Muscles" and "Diesel."


I was raised a girl. Bless my parent's heart, but at heart, I 100% feel that I would've been happier if I was raised as a boy. Today, I'm male-centered/trans* in my mind, but at heart, I'm gender neutral. Some days, people see "a lady." Other days, people see a "Sir." I've been called "androgynous." Sometimes, people look at me confused, and don't know what pronoun to use and they just say "Hello" or call me a "person." I don't mind how society sees me, because I know who I am and don't need everyone to SEE the way I see myself. Being called a boy/one of the guys/sir is very nice and makes me giddy, yes, it really does, but nothing makes me happier than to simply be seen as a person.


I'm pansexual. I used to identify as bisexual, but bisexual isn't trans-inclusive. I'm not attracted to "everyone" or "everything", but I am open and have had romantic and sexual relations with people of all kinds of genders, orientations, and identities. It's not a choice. It's just how I've always been.


I'm not on this Earth to educate. If people have questions about what it's like to be intersex, trans*, and gender neutral, I'll answer them, but I won't necessarily lecture you. I don't go out of the way to educate unless I want to vent about the highs and lows with being intersex, because yes, there are many. The best way to know what it's all about is just to know the person, not only the labels and terms.

The world's not perfect, and not EVERYONE will get LGBT/QUILTBAG, but you know what?

It might be today's cliche, but it still rings true: IT GETS BETTER. And we will survive ;).


Happy Coming Out Day to my fellow LGBTQIA lovelies and the allies! Much love, always!

V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment