Tuesday, October 7, 2014

On Reviewing: Taking A Hiatus

I've announced this on my author page, and naturally, I'll announce it on here too. After I read/review the next few Cleis Press books that are on my queue, I'm going to take a long hiatus from book reviewing. The main reason is that I really want to dedicate more time to polishing up The Man on Top of the World before I send it out to a new publisher and working on The Mistress with my editor. I also can't seem to make the time to read/review as much as I'd like to, because there's my day job and other things that take up a lot of my time and energy. That's not to say that I'm not going to make time for reading. I'm always reading something, mostly classic literature (erotic and non-erotic), but I really want to take a break from reviewing and just read for pleasure. I'll eventually get back to reading/reviewing LGBT erotic/romance fiction in the future, but for now, it's so long, until I get that "itch". I do review LGBT films once in awhile on the author page; they're short and sweet, so there's that, but as for reviewing LGBT books, I just need that break. Book reviewing this past year and ten months has been a lot of fun. I have made a few new great friends, and have read/reviewed such amazing pieces of work by doing it. Thank you to many of you who have gotten as much pleasure out of reading my reviews as I have reviewing the book(s). It's because of you that I'll do it again in the future.

As always, xoxo

V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment