Monday, December 8, 2014

'Tis the Season...And I'm NOT Talking About Xmas: It's RuPaul's Drag Race!

RuPaul's Drag Race is COMING SOON back to Logo, and anyone who knows me knows that drag is my passion, and this show is basically my drug of choice: CRACK! Yes, it's the only addiction that I don't need help for. It's the only show on TV that I care enough to watch every episode on the day it airs and to talk about with fellow fans who love the show and the cast as much as I do. From the beginning to end of season, from Season 1-6, this show just...somehow manages to keep being refreshing, fun, surprising, and creative, not just because of Ru and Logo, but because of the queens, of course! I'm not sure if I'll be blogging about this show that much, but for now, I just have to compile a list of the queens that have so far captivated my attention from their Meet the Queens segment.

In no particular order of awesomeness, here they are:

Max Malanaphy


Not going to lie, at first watch of her clip, I was instantly in love with her. I love her character: she's British, Dita Von Teese meets Marilyn Monroe meets all sorts of other vintage/goth/Hollywood glamour characters, kind of ditzy, very proper, classy, and so witty and charming.

It's too soon to choose "favorites", but she's the queen that my eye and heart is on, all the way!

Jaidynn Diore Fierce

I love my country queens, they just remind me of home and even like family sometimes. Jaidynn is HILARIOUS, she commands you to laugh, and she sure dominates the funny bone. And I love her "ready or not, here I come!" attitude, I can tell that she won't take any prisoners this season.

Kandy Ho 


Now Kandy is HOT...and she's a self-proclaimed HO...and...she's from Puerto Rico! I love her raunchiness and raw sex appeal, it just oozes from her voice to whatever she wears, and it doesn't hurt that she has a sense of humor and a lively personality that makes her even hotter.

Katya


Now this queen is really bust your gut funny. She's fierce, but doesn't come off as if she takes herself too seriously. She brings the fun in her look, character, and personality, what's not to love about that?

Miss Fame


With a drag name like that, of course she'll more than likely be the queen that will consistently be on top. She's really fierce, fishy, and fabulous, but she's not just about looks, she's funny too. I hope her personality will shine more from what we see of her so far on her Meet the Queen's clip. So far, I really like her, and can already see Miss Fame living up to her name.

Pearl 

I'm very curious as to what she'll bring onto the show with her style and beauty. She also has a dead pan sense of humor that I actually wasn't initially expecting from her. And I like her even more for it!

Trixie Mattel


Trixie has a unique kind of drag that I think people will either LOVE, or just really hate. She's kind of that camp meets glamour. She obviously channels a Mattel doll. I love that look/style of her drag. I can tell that she will be this season's "comedy queen", they always bring so much sunshine to the season even if they are often misunderstood with people (and queens) taking them more seriously than necessary. I can't wait to see what...Trix's...she has up her sleeve ;).


So, those are the queens that I'm already smitten with based on the Meet the Queens segment on logotv.com. Naturally, once the show premieres, my opinions of these queens might change, but then they might not. The ones that aren't on this list that didn't really engage me might later captivate me - who knows! What I love about drag and this show is that it's never boring, and always surprising.

I can't wait for the show, and for the New York City premiere party that I go to every year to watch the season's girls before the show premieres on national TV. Stay tuned (literally).

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment