Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Art for Art's Sake: The Best of MoMA

After participating in Pride, I hopped on over to one of my favorite museums in New York City: The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). It's one amazing museum, and I hope these photos give you enough of a reason to see and know why! These aren't the best in quality (they were taken on my cheap and super-old phone). Unless otherwise told not to (there are some pieces where they're very strict about NOT taking pics), every pic I've taken was allowed as long as it wasn't flash photography. These arts are my personal favorites, representing some of MoMA's best (in no particular order):

MoMA is home of Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup Cans and his other works:

Note: This isn't a permanent fixture at the museum. This Warhol exhibit ends in mid-October, but I'm pretty sure that Warhol's works always makes a comeback at MoMA frequently. 



Henri Rousseau, La Bohémienne endormie (The Sleeping Gypsy), 1897.



Belgian Ensor's Masks Mocking Death, 1888. 



Paul Gauguin's The Seed of the Areoi, 1892.



Henri Matisse's The Dance I, 1909.


Henri Rousseau's The Dream, 1910.


Salvador Dalí's The Persistence of Memory, 1931.

(This one is much smaller in person!)


Roy Lichtenstein's Drowning Girl, 1963.

( "I don't care! I'd rather sink than call Brad for help!" ) 


Roy Lichtenstein's Girl With Ball, 1961.


Paul Klee's Cat and Bird, 1928.


Pablo Picasso's Girl Before A Mirror, 1932.


Frida Kahlo's Self-Portrait with Cropped Hair, 1940.


Gustav Klimt's Hope II, 1907-1908.

(This one is unique and rare because seldom are there art works that depict pregnant women/pregnancy)


Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World, 1948.


René Magritte's The False Mirror, 1928.


And MoMA's most famous/popular painting (a permanent fixture):

Vincent van Gogh's The Starry Night, 1889.

No comments:

Post a Comment