Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Special Day for Hedwig, Caitlyn Jenner, and Me

This Sunday was a pretty special albeit slightly bittersweet one. I'll start off with the special!

Today was the season finale of I Am Cait, a show that I've been live-tweeting about since its debut.


This was a powerful, emotional, and life-affirming episode. One of the discussions that Cait opened up on this last episode was on transgender people and their relationship with religious and God. When I tweeted about this, Caitlyn Jenner herself read and re-tweeted me!


What an honor!

This show brought a community together, and I've made so many new friends on Twitter since the beginning and throughout the show's airing. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll have a season 2!

Now to the bittersweet:

Well, the bittersweet was that I Am Cait is now over! And one of my favorite musicals, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, had its last show on Broadway today.


I had the pleasure of seeing this amazing show twice and got to meet Neil Patrick Harris and John Cameron Mitchell. It's not all bluesy, Hedwig will be touring internationally, so, it really is a celebration all around for everyone! What a year it has been for TV and Broadway for the LGBTQI community (also can't forget that Fun Home, based on the incredible graphic novel, is the first-ever Broadway show to star a lesbian character and to have won a Tony). 2015 is certainly our year - before we know it, we'll have 2016! And I can just feel that everything is going to be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment