Saturday, October 3, 2015

Life Is Peace, Bowie, and Drag!

Is it just me, or has this year went by soo fast? So many awesome things have been going on for me, and it looks like I'll be having even more fun adventures to look forward to, like...

Imagine Peace


That's right, I'll be taking part in an official Guinness World Record event! Last I heard, an estimated 6,0000 people will be there, and I'll be one of them. Every year, NYC does something very nice and special to commemorate John Lennon's birthday, usually something low key at Strawberry Fields (that's not too far away from The Dakota). This will be their most special event yet for him! This should be fun, interesting, and all around warm, sweet, and loving because it's all about peace.   

Lazarus 


David Bowie has said many times in the past that he has wanted to write a musical, and well...here it is! Based off of the novel, The Man Who Fell To Earth (where David famously starred in the movie), David teamed with Enda Walsh to write Lazarus, a play inspired by the book. This will also feature songs by David himself, so that means that all those who attend will be hearing new music from David (and we know how rare that is, nowadays). This play will only be here from November 18 - December 27. I'd be crazy to miss out on something this special and rare.

Around the fall/winter season is also when more of my favorite queens come to NYC at my most favorite LGBT cabaret club/bar, The Laurie Beechman Theater. I'll be seeing and meeting:

Courtney Act: Head to Mistletoe 


Courtney is one of the sweetest queens, so much fun to kiki with, and she can SING!

Holiday Hi-Jinkx 

 
What can I say, I LOVE my singing queens. Nobody does it better than Jinkxy (and the dapper gent is her piano player/partner in crime, Major Scales. No, they aren't dating, they're just best friends!).

Latrice Royale will also come to town, but I'm not sure when yet. As soon as I do, I'll have to see her as well because it has been too long!

Whew! I'll be busy!

2 comments: