Thursday, April 21, 2016

Nothing Compares to Prince

I'm completely numb, in total disbelief. This is such a crushing blow, to lose another hero. 

I haven't stopped crying...still am.


What makes this so sad is how sudden this is. One day we hear about him being sent to the hospital for "flu like symptoms" and now...Prince is dead. He died alone in his elevator at home at Paisley Park, under circumstance that we don't know yet, as to why and how he has left this Earth so suddenly like this. He was only 57 years old. That is too young. Far too young. This is tragic.

"And if the elevator tries to bring you down / Go crazy!" has a chillier meaning now.

Upon hearing the news, and then such an outpouring of text messages and FB messages from friends and family who obviously knew that I was such a fan of him, I was utterly shocked, thinking...

"How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold?"


I was already honored then, but even more so now, I'm glad that I got to see Prince live in concert, at least once in my life. And needless to say, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

He really was everything.


He lived his life to the fullest. He was art. He was music embodiment. He was love.


Only one man/artist will forever be remembered by not only face, not only name, but a symbol and a color.


Nothing will ever compare to Prince.


2 comments:

  1. my heart is in the repair shop, still recovering from Bowie, Michael, Maurice, Natalie...now this. I. Can't. Believe. It.

    ReplyDelete