Tuesday, August 9, 2016

From Mourning To Celebrating David Bowie

Every Sunday, I think about David Bowie, but even more so on Monday, when we lost him.

"Where the fuck did Monday go?"


And I think about Iman. And Lexi.


And how like the rest of the world, they're still mourning for him, 7 months later.


And yet, through the mourning, we're celebrating.

Not a day goes by where I don't listen to David's music or watch his performances, interviews, and movies. It's like he's still here, and yet it's so hard to believe that he's no longer with us.

In September, I'll be going to this event, which I have a feeling will make everything more than ever more real, in that yes, we're mourning for such a beautiful man as we're also celebrating his legacy.

And him.


1 comment:

  1. He was so loved and admired. So many wonderful tributes. I don't think he'll ever be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete