Saturday, October 1, 2016

Debate Night at Stonewall and With Samantha Bee


Needless to say, this has been a most crazy election year. So crazy, that honestly, I'm sick of it, and have tried to deliberately not make any of my social media pages politically charged. But that's not to say that I'm not out there being part of the dialogue and conversations about it. After I went to Bowie/Collector, I went to Stonewall, not planning to watch the debate that night, but I did, and am so glad that I did. It was overwhelming and yet brilliant, being upstairs at my favorite bar in NYC, surrounded by my fellow LGBT people of many races, cultures, and backgrounds, from black, white, Asian, and Middle Eastern, and from ages young and old. That night, anyone could see in the crowd our worries, our fears, and our anger amid our laughter, our cheers, and our jaws dropping with astonishment at times (many times) throughout the debate. I didn't realize we were being filmed until the debate started, and at the time, I had no idea that we were going to be on Samantha Bee. I signed the consent forms, just being told that I was going to be on TV, but I didn't know anything else besides that. So what a funny surprise that when I watched this clip, there we are, and here I am!

I have a little cameo at 2:14 minutes in.


Everybody really was serious at this point during this segment of the debate, naturally so. But still, I was surprised that nobody wanted to be interviewed for this! I loved how they edited this to where it led to an awesome segue-way to "gif guy." He was as amazing in person as he was in this clip!

I wasn't at that sports bar, of course, but the best from that: the republican woman staring out into space when asked about Trump's "plans." That was NOT acting. This was all live and in the moment. 
 
That whole night was amazing, even though the debate itself was scary. Very, very scary.

As is the election in a nutshell. SCARY.

2 comments:

  1. I am just so amazed and horrified at the amount of people who have shut off all sense of reason during this election. Is it because their emotions have gotten the better of them? Or are they actually not capable of reason? I don't understand!! But it's scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it either!! It's baffling and horrifying!

      Delete