Wednesday, February 15, 2017

My Funny Valentine: The Art of the Teese

I had the most fun and awesome Valentine's Day ever: got A LOT of condoms from my favorite gay bar (Stonewall), had the most politicized sex toy conversation ever with an employee of one of my favorite BDSM shops in Christopher Street (LONDON), bumped into one of my favorite actors from The Get Down (Justice Smith, I was surprised he remembered me from the afterparty of the play he's in now, Yen, that I loved him in so much), and to top it all off, aside from Dita Von Teese's show being oh so phenomenal, SEXY, magical, and body positive and inclusive, because I was soo much into the show, I got picked from the crowd on stage by her host, my favorite drag king, Murray Hill, for a dance off, and won 2nd place and got a free Dita T-shirt, it was nice to see the lovely Amanda Lepore, after the show meeting Violet Chachki, and seeing that one of my favorite guys (Milo) that works at my favorite record store in NYC, Generation Records, just oh so happens to work at Gramercy Theatre too! We were both surprised to see each other especially him when he saw who was dancing on stage lmao! What a night! Dita is so amazing and so is her equally talented burlesque girls and burlesque boys. It was unique to be at a show that attracted both the straight and LGBT crowd, and how everyone was so kind, and was too sweet with their compliments on my dancing, lol! 

No pressure that Dita was watching the whole time!


 

1 comment: