Sunday, March 5, 2017

Movie Review: Get Out

Not many know this about me: it's not that I don't like scary movies, but I just don't watch them often, and when I do, I can't help but laugh. I don't know why. I've always laughed at scary movies. I did at this one, too, but for a whole other reason because...


Get Out is BRILLIANT! It's one of those very rare scary movies for me that I actually truly loved: it was hilarious, entertaining, and SMART. The racial commentary - from its spotlight on interracial relationships, casual racism, microaggression, colorism, black fetishism, and the nod to the anti-blackness and racism in the Asian community as well - was SPOT ON in every way. I was hooked. This movie is as much a must-see as everyone who has seen it is saying it is. GO SEE IT.

How often do you see a movie with a 99% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes?

NEVER!

Yes, it is that good. 

It's a real treat.

1 comment: